The Beauty and diversity of Karnataka will help you to fulfill your heart's desire. Karnataka has interesting geographic highlights comprised of hazy slope stations, reviving waterfalls, entertaining cities, sexy beaches, famous harbors, amusement parks, attractive gardens, and more-all of which remain evergreen attractions to the travel hunters.
we the Sweven Stays Mangalore are ready to nourish your holiday with a better stay and great comfort. The major destinations/ Famous places to visit in Karnataka which you can easily access from Sweven Stays Mangalore are listed below.
Mangalore (now Mangaluru) is one of the prime vacation spots in South India all consistently. you can easily access all over the Mangalore city by staying in Sweven Stays Mangalore. Although Mangalore is well-known in seashores, shopping malls, islands, Mangalore temples, and the sunrise and sunset points, you will have the option to discover a lot all the more fascinating things in this coastal town, if you are ready to explore. Since Mangalore is very much associated via air, street and railroad organize you can undoubtedly go out for touring.
while you are a travel enthusiast, obviously foods remain one of your major concerns. when you visit Mangalore, be ready to explore the delicious seafood and other authentic Canara dishes.
Famous Beaches in Mangalore:
- Panambur Beach: Panambur Beach is one of the best beaches in Mangalore. It is situated at a distance of 13 km from Mangalore to the south of Mangalore port. It is visited every year by hordes of tourists and locals as it hosts many activities such as boat racing, kite festivals, and competitions for sand sculptures. The name of the beach is derived from "Panam" meaning money and "ur" meaning place.
- Tannirbhavi Beach:
This is the ideal location for lovers of peace and nature. Well, Tannirbhavi is the most peaceful Mangalore beach and an offbeat place people normally fail to visit. Because of the isolated region, the place has remained desolate and has always been kept apart from other places. The distance of this beach from the Mangalore bus stand is approximately 9.9 km.
- Surathkal Beach: Mangalore's Surathkal Beach is counted among the most frequented beaches in Karnataka state. This beach, located in the peaceful suburbs of Surathkal, is simply beautiful and, somehow, still untouched by the tourist charms. The place basically remains crowded with college kids from the institutes nearby and serves as a picnic spot for the locals. You can always carry a chair, sit back, and enjoy sunset views that are completely stunning, although there's not much to do here. The distance of this beach from Pumpwell, Mangalore is approximately 21.5 km.
- Chitrapura Beach: Tick off this stunning sand track from the list of beaches in Mangalore, famous for their unspoiled beauty. This location, visited by very few people, is ideal for those who want to remain close to nature and seek an escape from the noises of the city.
- Kodical Beach: One of Mangalore's most serene and popular beaches is Kodical Beach. Watch the soothing sunset here or come down to spend some quality time with your mates. In the area, this beach is a popular picnic spot.
Coorg (The Scotland of India)
Coorg, officially known as Kodagu, is the most royal hill station in Karnataka. which is 133.7 km from Sweven Stays Mangalore. It is one of the main hill stations near Mangalore. It is notable for its amazingly colorful landscape and rich greenery. Backwoods secured slopes, flavor, and espresso estates just add to the scene. On a visit to Coorg, cover the excellent towns like Virajpet, Kushalnagar, Gonikoppal, Pollibetta, and Somwarpet, and experience the lovely idea of “homestays” to make your experience more memorable. Stunning mountains, the course of falling waters, and an eye-devouring perspective on the greenery, this spot is to be sure an ideal occasion goal for individuals who need a break from their repetitive 9-5 hectic life. Much-acclaimed to be the favored goal for trekking sports and wilderness boating, Coorg qualifies to be the perfect location for the thrill-seekers. Coorg temple is the key factor of the increase in tourists to Coorg. Tourists can get a KSRTC bus every 5 hours from the state bank bus stand in Mangalore. Mangaluru Central(MAQ), Kanhangad(KZE), Bekal Fort(BFR) are the nearest railway station to Coorg. Also, Madikeri is one of the main cities in Coorg. The simplest way to travel from Mangalore to Madikeri is to hire a cab. The best time to visit Coorg is between October to May and the peak season for this hill station is from February to May. In Peak time Coorg hotels are fully occupied, so you have to book the hotels early, or else you can stay in best hotels in mangalore and get a bus from the state bank bus stand Mangalore.
Udupi is a seaside town in the Indian state of Karnataka. Sweven Stays Mangalore is 59.9 kilometers away. Udupi is known for its undiscovered countryside, laid-back beaches, and historical temples. It is also well-known for its culture and heritage. Manipal, the educational hub, which has students from India and other nations, is situated in this place. The Malpe beach is the most celebrated of all beaches in this place and happens to be the most loved spot for tourists. With the stunning St. Mary’s island as the background, this beach offers you a breath-taking sunset. Udupi beaches are the most known spot for tourists. Katakana kindi, which is a Krishna sanctuary, attracts a number of tourists from all over. Both the pilgrims and tourists flood in for the festival called Paryaya which is held once in two years in this temple. Some of the other temples that are well known among tourists are the Chandramoulishwar Temple, the Ananteshwar Temple, and Anegudde Vinayaka Temple. The best time to visit Udupi is between the months of October and March.
Best Beaches in Udupi/ Udupi Beaches:
- Malpe Beach: This scenic Malpe Beach is popular among tourists and foreigners alike and is one of the best beaches in the Udupi region. The clean white sand and pleasant weather make Malpe Beach the perfect place to enjoy many water sports. Malpe beach is just 9 KMS away from the Udupi Railway station.
- St Mary's Island, Udupi: Experience the most tempting sunsets at St Mary's Island on an island with crystalline cliffs, white sand beaches, and a mystical atmosphere. The four islands that comprise Coconut Island, the North Island, Darya Bahadurgarh Island, and the South Island are.t. Mary's Islands are all interconnected and have specialties of their own. As this is the land where Vasco De Gama set his first foot, this quaint island is of enormous geological significance.
- Kaup Beach: You must visit Kaup Beach when you visit Udupi. By walking around Kaup beach and gazing at the fabulous sea, you can spend the best time in Kaup. It is one of India's most dazzling coastal regions.
- Kodi Beach: Kodi Beach is one of Karnataka's spectacular beaches and it is located 6 km from Kundapura Town. In the language of Kannada, 'Kodi' literally means sea. The Kodi beach is surrounded by three sides of the water. The beach has a wide variety of sand for you to play, relax, and swim off course as well. From this beach, the view of the natural beauty and sunset is breathtaking.
Bangalore(silicon valley of India)
Bangalore (also known as Bengaluru) is the capital city of the Indian state of Karnataka and it is one of the attractive destinations in Karnataka. which is 347.7 km from Sweven Stays Mangalore. it’s a contemporary, fast-growing, and prosperous city that’s home to India’s IT industry. Many multinational corporations have set up their Indian head offices there. Subsequently, the city is brimming with youthful experts and has a dynamic air about it, with thriving pub culture. Bangalore is the third most crowded city and fifth-largest City in India. The city’s parks and gardens are a major fascination. Bangalore additionally has some sagacious strolling visits for those keen on history and legacy. The city likewise has some great vacationer hotspots, Bangalore surrounding places like Bangalore Palace, Lal Bagh, Bannerghatta National Park, Innovative Film City, and Cubbon Park. There are numerous prominent institutions located in the city, for example, Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO), Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO), Indian Institute of Science (IIS), Indian Institute of Management (IIMB), National Aeronautics Laboratory (NAL) and National Law School. The best time to visit Bangalore is from October to February.
Some attractive places to visit in Bangalore:
- Nandi Hills Bangalore:
Nandi Hills, situated about 60 kilometers away from Bangalore city, is one such tourist spot that tourists have steadily discovered over the years and have now become a well-known weekend getaway. The deviation road at Oordagere on the Bangalore-Tumkur Road can reach it. It is one of the best hill stations near Bangalore. Hessargetta, Tumakuru, Anantapur, and Lepakshi are few places near Nandi Hills you can explore, while you visit Nandi Hills Bangalore.
- Chunchi Falls:
Chunchi Falls is situated in the state of Karnataka, on the road from Sangama to Mekadatu. Chunchi Falls emerges on Arkavati River and is 50ft tall. The closest town to the falls is Kanakapura. The word ‘chunchi’ is derived from Chuncha and Chunchi, a tribal couple. Chunchi Falls is one of Karnataka’s most popular tourist attractions and unexplored waterfalls in Bangalore.
- Siddara Betta:
One of the most sought-after hiking destinations near Bangalore is Siddara Betta. It is near Madhugiri, surrounded by the utmost blessings of nature, and is also famous for old temples and caves. Siddara Betta is a great place for hiking near Bangalore and is only about 100 km from the city. It is home to the shrine of Lord Shiva, situated within the caves, and frequented by many devotees. Siddara Betta is just the right place for you if you want to experience trekking close to Bangalore and also visit some old caves and temples to feel the thrill of adventure.
The featured above are few attractive places in Bangalore. Bangalore is a city of beautiful destinations. There are 55 major destinations in Bangalore you have to visit.
Gokarna is a small town in the Uttara Kannada District of Karnataka.which is 235.7 km from Sweven Stays Mangalore. It is a celebrated journey focus and furthermore one of the top goals of Karnataka Tourism in light of its excellent Beaches. The prime fascination of the Gokarna is the Mahabaleshwar Temple which houses the Atmalinga. Gokarna is one of the must-visit places in Karnataka as part of Goa. Palm clad beaches are spotted with foreign tourists in a majority and not many Indians are seen over. Gokarna isn’t customarily touristy. The sea shores are intended for a moderate, loosened up the occasion and everything on the seashore goes at the equivalent loosened up the pace. Loaded with coconut and palm trees, the sea and clean sands, Gokarna is a ‘one of its kind place’ in the nation. The best time to visit Gokarna is from October until March.
Some famous places to visit in Gokarna:
- Mahabaleswar Temple: The Mahabaleshwar Temple, Gokarna is one of the most visited temples in the town. Popularly known as the Mahabali, the temple is flocked by tourists and devotees throughout the year to bask in the serenity and tranquillity offered here. The temple is very famous among Hindus, as the presiding deity here is Lord Shiva. This picturesque temple, set up in the middle of the hilly terrain, glorifies the Maratha Empire during the 16th century and its rule. Arthur seat point, Savitri point, and Elphinstone point are some of the major Mahabaleshwar points.
Mahabaleshwar temple timings:
-Morning 6am - 12pm
-Evening 5pm - 7pm
- Mirjan Fort: The Mirjan Fort has a rich history, and there are many versions of the fort's origins. According to one version, Chennabhairav Devi, Queen of Gersoppa, a subordinate of the Vijayanagar rulers, built a fort in the 16th century. Rani Chennabhairav Devi was also known as the Pepper Queen. Her reign, from 1552-1606, was one of the longest in the history of female rule in Indian history.
- Gokarna Beach: Gokarna Beach forms the town's coastline and is mostly used by pilgrims. This is a long, open beach where a popular activity is surfing. Devotees come over here to take a dip and then head off to the Mahabaleshwar Temple to give prayers. Since the beach is typically crowded, by heading northwards and spending time at Kudle Beach, which is next on this list of the best places to visit in Gokarna, you will find peace.
- Om Beach:
Om Beach is not directly accessible by road. It can be approached from the parking lot by descending some 100 paved stairs. From the main Gokarna area, the drive to Om beach is through hills and is very scenic. This is the most popular beach in Gokarna and is named after the sacred Hindu symbol 'OM,' as it is naturally formed.
Mentioned above are some of the major attractions in Gokarna. if you want to explore the Gokarna fully, there are 20 places you must visit in Gokarna.
Chikmagalur (also known as Chikkamagaluru) is a hill town located in the Chikmagalur district of Karnataka. which is 146.9km from the Sweven Stays Mangalore. Situated in the Deccan plateau, Chikmagalur city belongs to the Malnad region of Karnataka. The Western Ghats start from this area and also the Yagachi River is started from the surrounding hills. Chikmagalur is well known for its tranquil condition, rich green backwoods, and tall mountains. Chikkamagaluru is also famous for coffee and is known as the coffee land of Karnataka. It is the place where coffee was cultivated for the first time in India. It was Baba Budan, a Muslim saint who brought espresso seeds from Yemen in 1670. Afterward, when the Europeans came to India, they assumed control over the estates and began exchanging espresso and tea. The best time to visit Chikmagalur is from September to May.
Must remember places to visit in Chikmagalur:
- Baba Budangiri, Chikmagalur:
Baba Budangiri is a mountain in the Baba Budan range in the Karnataka district of Chikmagalur (also known as Dattagiri & Chandra Drona Parvatha). This is one of the top trekking places in Karnataka at an altitude of 1895 m. It is also one of the prime places to visit during the Chikmagalur Trip. Baba Budangiri is named after Baba Budan, the Muslim saint who used to live here. Baba Budan was a Sufi saint of the 17th century who came from Saudi to India to spread the message of Islam and peace.
- Kemmanagundi, Chickmagalur: Kemmanagundi is a hill station in the Tarikere taluk of Chikmagalur district. Kemmanagundi is a beautiful and picturesque hill station at an altitude of 1434 m, situated on the range of Baba Budan. Kemmangundi derives its name from three words in Kannada-kempu (red), mannu (soil), and gundi (pit) meaning a red soil place. Kemmanagundi is also popularly known by the name of KR Hills, named after King Krishnaraja Wodeyar IV of Mysore. He made Kemmangundi his summer retreat, mesmerized by the beauty of the location. He later donated the resort to the Karnataka government.
- Mullayanagiri, Chickmagalur: Mullayanagiri is Karnataka's highest peak with an altitude of 1950 meters, situated at a distance of 20 km and 23 km, respectively, from Chikmagalur and Baba Budangiri. On the top of this Mullayanagiri hill, there is a small temple where you have a small Tapasvi Mullappa Swamy statue. Tapasvi Mullappa Swamy practiced meditation for years in a cave on top of the Mullayanagiri peak, according to regional mythology. As the destination acts as a hub for trekking, mountain biking, and road biking, adventure buffs have a lot of things to do here.
Mysore (Heritage city of Karnataka)
Mysore is the 2nd biggest city in Karnataka. which is 250.9km from Sweven Stays Mangalore. Mysore is the former capital of the Mysore Maharajas, who ruled the Mysore State between 1399 & 1947. Mysore is saturated with illustrious history – it was one of the three biggest Princely States in the past British Empire of India. Right up ’til the present time, the Mysore Palace stands tall as one of the most fabulous royal residences everywhere throughout the nation. A popular place of interest that sees a great many guests processing in and around it consistently, the Mysore Palace is famous for its engineering, plan, partisanship, and antiquated upholstery. the best time to visit Mysore is between the months of October and February.
Best places to visit in Mysore:
- Brindavan Garden Mysore: Brindavan Gardens of Mysore is undeniably one of the best terrace gardens in the world. A must sightseeing place of a Mysore tour, Brindavan Garden mesmerizes all. It is located about 12 km northwest of the city of Mysore. With its illuminated fountains, botanical park, large varieties of plants, and satisfied boating, Brindavan gardens is a spot for everyone.
- Chamundi Hills: Chamundi Hills is situated at an altitude of approximately 1065 m above sea level and it is recommended that travelers visit the place on a trip to Mysore. It is situated in one of the Mysore hill stations. The Chamundeshwari Temple, which is dedicated to the avatar of Mother Parvathi, Chamundeshwari, Wodeyar's goddess, is located on the top of Chamundi Hills. tourists can enjoy beautiful views of the city from the top of Chamundi Hills.
- Chamundeshwari Temple (Chamundi Temple): The temple of Chamundeshwari is situated at the top of Chamundi Hill, about 3,489 ft above sea level and 13 km away from Mysore. The temple is dedicated to Sri Chamundeshwari, also described as 'Mahishasura Mardini' for having killed the buffalo-headed demon Mahishasura, the titular deity of the Mysore Royal Family. There is a very beautiful idol of a goddess in the Chamundi temple wearing a garland of skulls. The Goddess Chamundeshwari, also spelled Chamundeswari, is an incarnation of the Goddess Durga, Goddess Kali is also referred to as the Goddess Chamundi.
- Mysore Palace: The Mysore Palace, once the residence of the Wodeyars, is one of India's largest and most splendid palaces of its kind. Designed in the Indo-Saracenic style with domes, turrets, arches, and colonnades, because of its grandeur, the Palace is often compared to Britain's Buckingham Palace. It was designed by Henry Irwin, the British Consultant Architect of the State of Madras. The palace was built by the twenty-fourth Wodeyar Raja in 1912 on the site of the old wooden palace that was gutted in the year 1897. The palace has now been turned into a museum of souvenirs, paintings, jewelry, royal costumes, and other artifacts once possessed by the Wodeyars. TIt is said that the palace displays the largest collection of gold items, quantity-wise.
Mysore palace timings: Every day from 10.00 am to 5.30 pm
Jog falls(witness the solemnity of nature)
Jog Falls is situated on the borders of Shimoga and North Kanara. which is 220.4km from Sweven Stays Mangalore. The Western Ghats offers to ascend to the Sharavati stream that plunges from a height of 829 feet in four heavenly falls namely Raja, Rani, Roarer, and Rocket. Jog falls, being the tallest waterfalls in India is situated in the thick evergreen woodlands,16kms from Talguppa nearest railway station, Shimoga district, Karnataka. Before monsoon season, the water in Linganmakki Dam is utilized for power age and consequently, the fall is an extremely meager stream of water. the best time to visit Jog falls is in Monsoon season, which you can see the falls in their best form.
Hampi is an ancient village situated on the banks of the Tungabhadra River in northern Karnataka. which is 404.2km from Sweven Stays Mangalore. Hampi is a renowned UNESCO World Heritage Site. Situated in the shadowed depth of hills and valleys in the state of Karnataka, this place is a historical delight for explorers. Surrounded by 500 ancient monuments, beautiful temples, bustling street markets, bastions, treasury buildings, and captivating remains of the Vijayanagar Empire, Hampi is a backpacker’s delight. Direct daily flights to Jindal Vijaynagar Airport, 35km south of the ruins, mean that Hampi has never been more accessible. The best time to visit Hampi is from October to February as the temperature is pleasant.
Mookambika & Mookambika Temple
Mookambika is famous because of the Mookambika Devi temple. Mookambika Temple is located in Kollur. which is 130.5km from Sweven Stays Mangalore. The temple is located in the valley of Kodachadri peak. It is a perfect and mitigating experience for an early morning plunge in the water flowing down the Kodachadri hills. The temple is dedicated to Mookambika Devi, the only temple dedicated to Goddess Parvati. The Goddess Mookambika is as Jyotir-Linga which consolidates both Shakti and Shiva. one of the major destinations in Mookambika, Mookambika wildlife sanctuary is located near to Mookambika Devi temple. The Kollur Mookambika temple Darshan timings are very conveniently arranged from dawn to dusk to facilitate the visitor's and devotees’ schedules. the best time to visit Mookambika is august to October.
Kollur Mookambika temple timings:
- From 5 AM to 9 PM
In Karnataka, the list of fascinating places to see is up and ready. Mark the long weekend ahead, pack your bags, and book your Karnataka journey. To better your holiday experience, make sure you add these fantastic places to visit in Karnataka! There are several Tour operators/Travel agents who are providing tour packages to visit Karnataka. One of the best tour operator's details is given below, So pick your favorite South India tour package of them and reserve your seat for the best Karnataka trip of your life...
- Incredible India: Incredibleindia-tourism.org is Govt Approved tour Operator in India that provides completes tour and travel packages for India.